just another artorder piece:
"I'm looking for a handgun. A really beefy, bad-ass handgun. It can be based on a real-world pistol, or can be a completely ground-up concept.
I've got a few parameters though:
• Should appear operational. In other words, I want a handgrip that appears like it can be held, an actual trigger, latches and switches for safeties/bolt locks/mag releases/etc., and sighting devices (fixed, scope, red dot, etc.).
• Should be able to hold a minimum of 8 rounds (if bullet based)
• Should be identifiable as a handgun.
• This is a concept piece, go it can just have rough color, color washes, or it can be fully realized. I'd like to see more than just line work though. Degree of finish will not be a significant aspect of judging, but it can help set the mood.
• Last but not least, should incorporate a skull in the design. It could be integrated graphics, a mechanical aspect of the gun, or in the silhouette of the design. What ever your warped little mind can come up with, but it has to be in there."
having never done gun designs or even knowing how guns work >_> my first sketches were judge dredd style scifi stuff but it was too obvious a route so i decided to do something odd. drawing a little influence from south asian weapons/sculptures and mixing it with bs gun mechanisms, I give you the "Rudra Tandava" or alternatively "Dance of Destruction".
go listen to egofall [link]